Attack in search of Community Relations Coordinator
The Owen Sound Attack is looking for an enthusiastic marketing professional to fill the role of Community Relations Coordinator. The Community Relations Coordinator will be responsible the entirety of the club’s media and public relations matters while also leading the charitable endeavours of the team. The Community Relations Coordinator will also act as a liaison between the Owen Sound Attack and the Ontario Hockey League and Canadian Hockey League’s media and hockey operations offices. The Community Relations Coordinator will closely work with the Coordinator of Sales and Corporate Partnerships to increase the brand of the Owen Sound Attack and deliver an energetic, memorable game night atmosphere.
Please submit applications to Attack Director of Business Operations, Ray McKelvie (email@example.com) by Friday, June 22.
Applications can also be dropped off at the MacVicar & McComb ReMax Box Office at 1900 3rd Avenue East, Owen Sound ON, N4K 2m6.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
A full job description can be found below.
The Owen Sound Attack is in search of a Community Relations Coordinator who will focus on the execution of digital communications, community outreach, and game night presentation with the ability to support the Hockey Operations Staff in necessary ventures. Reporting to the Business Manager, the Community Relations Coordinator will be responsible for overseeing all Attack social media channels, the Owen Sound Attack Website, marketing initiatives, graphic and video creation, and other duties as deemed necessary.
About the candidate
The ideal candidate will have post secondary education in communications, public relations, marketing or a related field in conjunction with one to three years of relevant experience in a communications or marketing role. The ideal candidate will also be proficient with the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, primarily InDesign, After Effects, and Premiere Pro.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to)
- Manage attackhockey.com using content management system (Custom WordPress), collect/report analytics, and look for ways to increase quality web traffic.
- Manage all Attack social media channels; including scheduling and active posting, replying to inquiries, monitoring issues and pertinent news items, collecting analytics on a monthly basis, and continually increasing presence.
- Execute all internal design for web, digital, and print advertising.
- Execute digital marketing strategies.
- Video production for website and social media.
- Distribute all communications; including press releases, website stories, season ticket holder emails.
- Liaise with local, provincial, and national media to help coordinate player, coach, and management interviews.
- Liaise with Coordinator of Sales and Corporate Partnerships to execute Game Night Presentation Tasks.
- Liaise with Hockey Operations Staff to assist in day-to-day functions as required.
- Liaise with Ontario Hockey League staff to assist in functions are required.
- Coordinate all public appearances in conjunction with the Coordinator of Sales and Corporate Partnerships including, but not limited to School Visits, Celebrity Serves, and other Charitable/Promotional Appearances.
- Lead all Attack charitable endeavours, including but not limited to ticket/merchandise donations, Charity Games (Cubs For Cancer/REACH. Shoot. Score.), and Community Corner.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Undergraduate education in a discipline appropriate and relevant to communications or marketing or equivalent experience in the field.
- Minimum of one to three years relevant experience in communications, marketing, or public relations with a focus on digital marketing.
- Experience using software and applications such as Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Google Suite, WordPress, and knowledge of developing electronic communications.
- Ability to manage social media networks such as Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Ability to shoot and edit engaging videos for content creation purposes.
- Ability to creative captivating digital graphics using InDesign and Photoshop.
- Excellent writing and communications skills.
- Good organizational skills, ability to work on tight deadlines, ability to work independently, collaboratively, and creatively with initiative.
- Willingness to work irregular hours.
- Public relations, communications, or marketing experience for a hockey team is an asset.
Please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, June 22, 2018:
- Cover Letter
- Work Example – Press Release or Story
- Work Example – Video
- Work Example – Digital Graphic
Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.