Attack win 6-4 on REACH. Shoot. Score! night.

REACH. Shoot. Score! night took over at the Bayshore as the Attack donned their teal jerseys and hit the ice for a game against the Frontenacs. Before the game began, the Reach Centre of Grey Bruce was awarded an incredible gift. Northridge Properties donated the Grey Granite Club building downtown Owen Sound to support the development of a fully accessible community hub.


Reach Executive Director Jennifer Miller was thrilled with the announcement. “We are just bursting with joy at this donation. This will enable us to continue offering our programming in a beautiful building while allowing us to develop more initiatives to support local adults with disabilities” she said. Miller went on to add “Words can’t describe how grateful we are to Northridge Properties for this incredible contribution.”


A big night for the Reach Centre hoped to translate on the ice with Owen Sound playing their 3rd game in three days against Kingston. The Frontenacs jumped out to an early lead after Nick Wong redirected a puck past Andrew MacLean at 6:38 of the 1st. After the goal, the Attack started to push back against the Fronts and had multiple breakaway opportunities but Marshall Frappier stood tall. It wasn’t until 12:08 of the 1st when Barret Kirwin pounced on a juicy rebound to tie the game at 1 each. Owen Sound continued to push the pace of play through the period and went to the locker room with a slight advantage in shots, 12-8, and the score even at 1.


The second began with Kingston pushing to take the lead, but Brady Lyle fired in a shot from the point on a powerplay for his 9th of the year and 2nd point of the night at 4:34 in the period.  Kingston continued to pressure the Attack net and eventually Tyler Burnie banged in his 4th of the season to tie things up once again. It wasn’t until Daylon Groulx scored his 13th of the year less than 30 seconds later that the Attack regained the lead, tipping in a point shot from Andrew Perrott and Sushko added his second assist of the night. The Attack would head to the third period up 3-2 on the Frontenacs.


Fireworks were lit at the beginning of the 3rd, with 4 goals scored in the first ten minutes. Sergey Popov scored his 3rd of the season just 3 minutes in. Nick Wong added his 2nd of the night to cut the lead back down to one, and Aidan Dudas responded immediately to restore the two-goal advantage. Tyler Burnie scored his 2nd of the night and suddenly it was a 1 goal game with ten minutes to play. Kingston pulled the goalie to try and tie it up, but Maksim Sushko scored an empty netter to ice the 6-4 victory for the Owen Sound Attack.


Aidan Dudas was the Hatten Home Building Centre Hardest Working Player of the Game. The three stars were Barret Kirwin with one goal and two assists, Nick Wong with two goals, and the first star was Brady Lyle with a goal and two assists.


The Owen Sound Attack will be back in action on Wednesday night at home against the Barrie Colts.


This season of Attack hockey is presented by Lerner’s Personal Injury Lawyers.

More News
Attack Sign 35th Overall Selection Antonio Tersigni
6 days ago
Attack Sign 2022 Second Round Selection Braedyn Rogers
1 week ago
Join the Attack Family as a Billet Home
2 weeks ago
Porco Signs Pro Deal Overseas
2 weeks ago
Attack graduate Andrej Sekera announces retirement
2 weeks ago
Attack Announce Preseason Schedule
4 weeks ago