Bears Roar Back in Third Period to Extend Winning Streak to Four

Captain Colby Barlow and Assistant Ethan Burroughs each netted a third period goal to propel the Owen Sound Attack to a 4-3 comeback victory over the visiting Sudbury Wolves on Saturday night at the Bayshore.

It was a game where one could easily define the ebbs and flows of momentum, as both teams constantly traded extended periods of controlling the play.

The home Attack got things started, during an early game power play as they displayed great puck movement and finally opened up the captain for a patent “Barlow Bomb” to open the scoring, and give Barlow the out-right lead for goals scored in the OHL.¬†Sudbury would not go down easy though and just over halfway through the opening period, would draw even on the scoreboard, as defensemen Nolan Collins joined the cycle and eventually tapped home a perfect back door feed.

As the teams began to pick up the intensity, the physicality also picked up, and from the Owen Sound bench it was Jackson Stewart who was more than happy to engage in the physical play.

The middle frame would see the Wolves begin to take the edge in play, as they claimed their first lead just over three minutes into the period. The visitors lead did not last long as Burroughs sniped his first of the game, after receiving a drop pass from Cedrick Guindon, to pull Owen Sound back even at 2-2 just over a minute later. The teams would again trade momentum throughout the period, but it was Sudbury star David Goyette regaining the lead for the visitors with just over five minutes left in the period.

Trailing going into period three, Owen Sound needed to find life from somewhere and after a couple of strong forechecking shifts, it was once again Burroughs pulling the Attack even, as he sniped his second of the game from the slot.

With the game knotted at 3-3 the intensity really picked up and after a blindside hit on Taos Jordan and Landen Hookey coming to the aid of his teammate, Owen Sound had the full support of a ruckus Bayshore crowd. The Bears took full advantage of the crowds energy while working a power play, as it was Captain Colby who delivered once again blasting home his second of the game, 36th of the season and 10th game winning goal.

The Attack were not able to just coast to the final buzzer, as a pair of penalties in the final two minutes had them killing off a 5-on-3 penalty kill. Holding strong from goaltender Corbin Votary out, the Bears were able to claim their fourth victory in a row and 25th on the season as they continue to hunt down the London Knights for tops in the Midwest division.

The Attack will not be back to the Bayshore for almost two weeks now, as they travel down for a Saturday-Sunday weekend action in Flint and Windsor next weekend. Fans can watch the game in Windsor on Rogers TV Channel 53, stream both games on OHL Live, or can listen to both games on 560 CFOS Bear Radio.

More News
Shorthanded Attack take 6-4 Win in Flint
17 hours ago
OHL Highlights: Mar. 24/23 - OS (1) - SAR (4)
21 hours ago
Attack Can't Cool Off Sting in 4-1 Loss
2 days ago
Week 24 - Peninsula Ford Plays of the Week
4 days ago
5 days ago
Attack Limp into Final Weekend of Regular Season
5 days ago