Join the Bears Den: Coordinator, Communications & Digital Content
The Owen Sound Attack is looking for an energetic content driven marketing professional to be the teams new Coordinator of Communications and Digital Content. The successful candidate will be responsible for the execution of the Attack’s digital communications and content creation across all digital assets. A full job description can be found below:
JOB TITLE: Coordinator, Communications & Digital Content (Full Time)
JOB SUMMARY: The Owen Sound Attack is in search of a Coordinator of Communications and Digital Content who will focus on the execution of digital communications and content creation for the teams’ digital assets including website and social media channels. The candidate will also be asked to support the Hockey Operations Staff in necessary ventures. Reporting to the Manager of Marketing & Communications, the successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing all Attack social media channels, the Owen Sound Attack Website, graphic and video creation, and other duties as deemed necessary.
ABOUT THE CANDIDATE: The ideal candidate will be a content driven person with a post-secondary education in communications, public relations, marketing or a related field in conjunction with one to three years of relevant experience in a communications or marketing role. The ideal candidate will also be proficient with Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, primarily InDesign, After Effects, and Premiere Pro, as well as WordPress, Google Suite, and Microsoft Office.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage attackhockey.com using content management system (Custom WordPress), collect/report analytics, and look for ways to increase quality web traffic.
- Manage all Attack social media channels; including scheduling and active posting, replying to inquiries, monitoring issues and pertinent news items, collecting analytics on a monthly basis, and continually increasing presence.
- Execute internal design for web, digital, and print advertising.
- Execute digital marketing strategies.
- Video production for website and social media.
- Distribute all communications; including press releases, website stories, season ticket holder emails.
- Liaise with local, provincial, and national media to help coordinate player, coach, and management interviews.
- Liaise with Coordinator of Sales and Corporate Partnerships to execute Game Night Presentation Tasks.
- Liaise with Hockey Operations Staff to assist in day-to-day functions as required.
- Liaise with Ontario Hockey League staff to assist in functions as required.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Undergraduate education in a discipline appropriate and relevant to communications or marketing or equivalent experience in the field.
- Minimum of one to three years relevant experience in communications, marketing, or public relations with a focus on digital marketing.
- Experience using software and applications such as Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Google Suite, WordPress, and knowledge of developing electronic communications.
- Ability to manage social media networks such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram & TikTok.
- Ability to shoot and edit engaging videos for content creation purposes.
- Ability to create captivating digital graphics using Adobe InDesign and Photoshop.
- Excellent writing and communications skills.
- Good organizational skills, ability to work on tight deadlines, ability to work independently, collaboratively, and creatively with initiative.
- Willingness to work irregular hours.
- Public relations, communications, or marketing experience for a hockey team is an asset.
Applications: Please submit the following to Greg Hoddinott, Manager, Marketing & Communications at email@example.com. Alternatively, it can be dropped off to the Owen Sound Attack office in the Harry Lumley Bayshore Community Centre between the hours of 8:30am and 5:00pm Monday to Friday, no later than Friday, May 19, 2023.
- Cover Letter
- Work Example – Press Release or Story
- Work Example – Video
- Work Example – Digital Graphic
Please note: Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted. Expected start date of successful candidate is July 4th at the latest.